Beautiful Brass Standing Shakyamuni Medicine Buddha With Lotus Medicine Bowl.
Medicine Buddha is the Buddha of Healing. Medicine Buddha empowers powerful blessing for healing, dispelling sickness and for awakening the innate healing wisdom that lies within every individual.
Medicine Buddha is popularly known as Bhaisayaguru in Sanskrit. He is best described in the Medicine Buddha sutra as the Buddha who took 12 great vows after the attainment of the Enlightenment. He is also regarded as the Buddha of the eastern pure land of Vaiduryanirbhasaor Pure Lapis Lazuli. Mostly, he is attended by two other bodhisattvas, Suryaprabha and Candraprabha, symbolizing the light of the sun and the light of the moon respectively.
Medicine Buddha took a twelve great vows after attaining enlightenment. These vows are mentioned in the Medicine Buddha which are as follows:
- To illuminate countless realms with his radiance, enabling anyone to become a Buddha just like him.
- To awaken the minds of sentient beings through his light of lapis lazuli.
- To provide the sentient beings with whatever material needs they require.
- To correct heretical views and inspire beings toward the path of the Bodhisattva.
- To help beings follow the Moral Precepts, even if they failed before.
- To heal beings born with deformities, illness or other physical sufferings.
- To help relieve the destitute and the sick.
- To help women who wish to be reborn as men achieve their desired rebirth.
- To help heal mental afflictions and delusions.
- To help the oppressed be free from suffering.
- To relieve those who suffer from terrible hunger and thirst.
- To help clothe those who are destitute and suffering from cold and mosquitoes.
HXLXD: 7" x 2.75" x 2"
Weight: 1.2 lbs.